MARSHALL, Texas – Angela Fitzpatrick, a Marshall High School graduate and current principal of Sam Houston Middle School, on Thursday was named the principal of the new Crockett Elementary beginning in the 2017-2018 school year.
Mrs. Fitzpatrick was approved unanimously by the MISD Board of Trustees during a Special Called Meeting Thursday afternoon. The board also approved the recommendation of Dr. Jerry Gibson, MISD Superintendent, on professional employee and teacher contracts in the district during Thursday’s meeting.
Mrs. Fitzpatrick has served as the principal at Sam Houston Middle School since May of 2012. Prior to that she had been the Assistant Principal at Sam Houston from two years. She began her teaching career in MISD in 2005, where she taught kindergarten at David Crockett Elementary until 2010.
Mrs. Fitzpatrick earned a Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice from Wiley College in December 1998 and a teacher certification from LeTourneau University in 2005. She earned a Master of Educational Administration from LeTourneau in 2010.
The district had previously announced Mrs. Kassie Watson as the new principal of the new school at Crockett during the March board meeting. Mrs. Watson, however, notified MISD last week that she is resigning due to personal reasons and will remain in her current position as principal at Waskom High School in Waskom ISD. That resignation was also accepted by the board during Thursday’s meeting.
With Thursday’s actions, MISD now has filled all of its principal positions for the new Legacy 2017 schools slated to open in August. Principals at each campus are listed below:
- David Crockett Elementary – Angela Fitzpatrick, current principal of Sam Houston MS
- William B. Travis Elementary – Loyed Jones, current principal of GW Carver Elementary
- Price T. Young Elementary – Nakeisha Adams Pegues, current principal of J.H. Moore Elementary
- Marshall Junior High – Jason Black, current principal of Marshall Junior High
- Marshall High – Tina Brown, current principal of Marshall High
- Marshall STEM Academy – Kerry Hancock
- Washington Early Childhood – Detrice Fisher, current principal of WECC
Next year’s consolidation of schools and grade levels will drop MISD from its current 11 campuses to just seven. All schools under construction are on scheduled to be ready to open in August.